June 30, 2014
July 4th Fest Weekend – Presented by Coca-Cola
One stop destination for fireworks and live entertainment the whole family can enjoy!
WHAT: July 4th Fest – presented by Coca-Cola, a patriotic Independence Day weekend festival with early ride time for any guest that brings a can of Coke, character appearances, live entertainment, wrestling show, specialty grilled foods and fireworks display.
WHEN: July 4 - 6, 2014 Fireworks each night at 9:45 p.m.
WHERE: Six Flags Great America / 1 Six Flags Parkway / Gurnee, IL 60031
ADMISSION: Save up to $15 on tickets online at sixflags.com
Six Flags Great America presents the 4th annual July 4th Fest – presented by Coca-Cola featuring exclusive ride time on some of the park’s biggest and best coasters along with a variety of park festivities and, of course, fireworks all weekend long!
Kicking off July 4th Fest on July 3, Six Flags Great America will host a, “Salute to Heroes Day” in partnership with Operation Homefront. Operation Homefront provides emergency financial and other assistance to military families. In addition, Six Flags Great America will donate $5,000 to Operation Homefront and provide five heroes and their families with VIP tours, meals and Gold Season Passes.
July 4th Activites
• Exclusive ride time on some of the best rides and coasters from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. for any guest that presents a Coca-Cola along with park admission or a Season Pass
• Live bands performing throughout the park
• Live wrestling performance by Scotty 2 Hotty and Al Snow
• Food tent and specialty food items served throughout the park.
• The Six Flags Grand Finale parade 9:30 p.m. followed by fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
July 4 – 6 Activities
• The Coca-Cola July 4th Fest Zone, set up near Hometown Square, will include games, dance contests and entertaining activities, such as Coke Can Stack, and hula-hoop for a chance to win great prizes.
• The Coca-Cola Share a Coke area will also be set up by X Flight, this will allow guest to print out personalized labels to put on a mini can of Coke and share another with a friend.
• Coca-Cola will offer ice cold samples of Coca-Cola beverages in a shaded area.
“We are offering the best 4th of July Fest yet with specialty food, bands, entertainment and the best fireworks show in Lake County on Friday, Saturday and Sunday,” said Hank Salemi, Six Flags Great America park president. “Our July 4th Fest is an experience families can’t get anywhere else.”
About Operation Homefront
A national nonprofit, Operation Homefront leads more than 2,500 volunteers with nationwide presence who provide emergency and other financial assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors. Operation Homefront has provided assistance to thousands of military families since its inception in 2002. Recognized for superior performance by leading independent charity watchdog groups, nationally, 93 percent of total donations to Operation Homefront go directly to programs that provide support to our military families. For more information, go to www.OperationHomefront.net
About Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor
Two great parks, one destination! Located between Chicago and Milwaukee, Six Flags Great America offers endless adventures for the entire family with 14 heart-pounding roller coasters, a 20-acre water park, spectacular shows, three children’s themed areas with over 30 rides and a nighttime parade.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.