November 21, 2014
More than One Million Twinkling LED Lights, Falling Snow and Thrilling Roller Coasters Debut for Holiday in the Park
All-New Holiday Event Opens November 22 at Six Flags Over Georgia with Santa Waiting at the North Pole
More than one million LED lights will turn on at once, as Santa Claus and his reindeer ride their sleigh for the first time to Six Flags Over Georgia for the debut of Holiday in the Park on November 22. This all-new celebration transforms the park into a winter wonderland with dazzling Christmas trees, exclusive holiday shows and many of the park’s most popular rides from November 22 through January 4, 2015 on select days.
“Our Six Flags Over Georgia family is proud to present a holiday spectacular sure to create memories for guests of all ages for years to come,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties park president Dale Kaetzel. “Holiday in the Park, coupled with the largest expansion in park history with the all-new Hurricane Harbor water park, has made for a special 2014 season, with many more special celebrations to come.”
Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Georgia features 10 holiday-themed sections, many of the park’s most popular rides, specialty holiday food and live shows. Event highlights include:
- A Main Street Christmas park entrance experience with a light canopy featuring 165,000 lights, more than 15,000 feet of garland, artificial snow and a huge Christmas tree with holographic ornament technology;
- A magical train ride through 140,000 twinkling lights on the North Pole Express, destined for the North Pole to see Santa Claus where every child can leave their wish-list for the season;
- Peppermint Plaza, featuring red and white holiday lights and fresh scents of peppermint, special holiday Peppermint Funnel Cakes and the chance to ride the Georgia Scorcher roller coaster;
- A 130-foot high cable-wired lit Christmas tree, special Military tribute, Hometown Holiday’s new live show, two of the park’s most popular rides – Goliath and Dare Devil Dive – and a 15-foot Snow Globe walk-through experience in Retro Christmas USA;
- A brilliant display of peach-colored lights paying homage to Georgia’s roots as the Peach State in A Georgia Christmas, along with the event’s signature live show, “Because It’s Christmas” in the historic Crystal Pistol Music Hall, Peach-flavored Holiday Pies at Big Mo’s and Monster Mansion;
- A one-of-a-kind stained-glass Nativity Scene in Rejoice! which depicts the reason for the joyous season and the Dahlonega Mine Train which has been at the park since opening day in 1967;
- The opportunity to warm up by the open fire, ride the classic Georgia Cyclone roller coaster and roast s’mores in S’mores Village;
- A kaleidoscope of lights choreographed for a brilliant display in the innovative British Arbor;
- A garland-archway featuring dozens of mistletoes, more than 100,000 lights and chandeliers that make up the most beautiful outdoor holiday ball of all in Georgia in A Merry Mistletoe;
- And, the iconic topping of the event – the historic 1908 Riverview Carousel at Candlelight Carousel featuring more than 100,000 lights, artificial snow, more than 150 Christmas trees and more than 250 luminary candles lining the pathway to the ultimate family holiday experience.
All of the park’s family rides in Bugs Bunny World will be open during Holiday in the Park, along with a new live show “Have Yourself a Looney Tunes Christmas” in the Bugs Bunny World Theater. In addition, this special event will provide guests with more than a dozen spots snap a photo for their family holiday card with vivid lights shining all around.
Six Flags Over Georgia 2015 Season Passes are now on sale and provide unlimited visits to Holiday in the Park and all of 2015. For a limited time, with the purchase of a Season Pass four-pack or more, guests will receive free admission to both Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water, along with free season parking and visits to any Six Flags Theme Park with every pass.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.