August 17, 2020
Six Flags Over Texas Announces All-New HALLOWFEST
Event features Halloween Thrills by Day and Scary Chills by Night in a Safe Environment
Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, leads the way for Halloween thrills and chills with a new event for the entire family—HALLOWFEST. The event will feature Thrills by Day with plenty of family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park. HALLOWFEST will kick off September 26 and run weekends through November 1. Operating hours will be Fridays from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; Saturdays from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; and Sundays from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with limited capacity admission to prevent overcrowding. Reservations will be required and slots are expected to fill up quickly. The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.
“Our annual Fright Fest celebration is one of the most anticipated Halloween events of the season. Given the current environment, we are taking special precautions this year and offering our guests a version that is still scary, provides lots of thrilling rides and Halloween fun, and most importantly, is safe for our guests and team members,” said Six Flags President and CEO Mike Spanos. “We will operate HALLOWFEST the same way we have operated our parks all summer, with daily temperature checks and face masks required for guests and team members prior to entry, social distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures.”
During daylight hours, families and young thrill-seekers will experience lots of HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:
- Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with individually packaged candy and treats;
- Oversized seasonal décor that will be perfect for family and friend photos;
- Plenty of Halloween-themed specialty treats, guaranteed to scare up an appetite, will be available for purchase.
For Chills by Night, all Halloween attractions will be transported outdoors to the wide-open midways.
- Creepy fog, eerie lighting, larger than life Halloween props and sinister music will create the perfect backdrop for nighttime scares and chills; including four hair-raising Halloween zones for guests to experience throughout the park;
- Six Flags Over Texas’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor for a heart-pounding HALLOWFEST experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness on rides like Titan, New Texas Giant, MR. FREEZE: Reverse Blast, JOKER, SUPERMAN Tower of Power, and Shock Wave; and
- Halloween- themed merchandise and scary apparel will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark items.
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.
- All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 3 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;
- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
For more information on HALLOWFEST and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com/hallowfest.