March 15, 2016
Six Flags St. Louis set to WOW guests in 2016
Theme Park Announces Addition of Holiday in the Park Celebration and Highlights the Screamin’ Eagle’s 40th Anniversary
Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, kicks off the 2016 season by announcing the addition of Holiday In The Park, celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the famed Screamin’ Eagle roller coaster and hosting the park’s annual Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by PEEPS. The theme park will WOW guests during what will be the park’s longest season since opening in 1971 with new thrills including Fireball – The Ultimate Coaster Loop, The New Revolution Virtual Reality Coaster on Ninja and Holiday in the Park.
“We are excited to begin our longest season ever in the park’s 46 year history,” states Park President Peter Carmichael. “Not only is it our longest season, but we are introducing three incredible new experiences for our guests this year with Fireball...The Ultimate Coaster Loop, the Virtual Reality Coaster on Ninja and Holiday in the Park, giving our guests more thrills and an even greater value.”
- Holiday In The Park: For the first time ever, Six Flags St. Louis presents Holiday in the Park as the theme park is transformed into a winter wonderland. Over one million lights will adorn the park and set the stage for a magical holiday celebration. Amid the many festive decorations and displays located throughout the park, guests can take in one of the live, holiday themed shows, visit with Santa in his cottage, enjoy some of their favorite holiday treats and experience the various street entertainment. In between the holiday festivities, guests can enjoy some of their favorite rides or warm up by one of the many crackling fires located throughout the park. Holiday in the Park takes place select days November 24 through January 1.
- The Screamin’ Eagle 40th Anniversary: When it opened in 1976, the Screamin’ Eagle held a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for the Tallest and Fastest Roller coaster in the World. Standing at 110 feet tall, spanning 3,872 feet long and flying at speeds up to 62 mph, this iconic wooden coaster was an instant favorite of park guests and remains one still today. Six Flags St. Louis celebrates the 40th birthday of this American Classic on Opening Weekend Sponsored by Allegra®, March 25 – 27 by offering double rides on the Screamin’ Eagle and a chance for guests to get up close and personal with another classic, the American Bald Eagle. The Wild Bird Sanctuary will be on hand Friday and Saturday, March 25 and 26 with two bald eagles allowing guests to get their photos taken with the majestic birds. Guests can help the Wild Bird Sanctuary by bringing a new, unopened item from the center’s Top 5 list of most needed items list including paper towels, toilet paper, liquid dish soap, 9 volt batteries or duct tape. In turn each guest will get a discount coupon good for one $20.16 ticket to the park for the day.
- Easter Egg Hunt Sponsored by PEEPS®: On Saturday, March 26, the park will host its annual PEEPS Easter Egg Hunt Celebration. The first 100 people to register for three age groups will be able to participate in a private Easter Egg Hunt prior to park opening. Guests will have an opportunity to grab up eggs with delicious PEEPS candy and prizes. In addition to the egg hunt, fun games and activities will take place including photo opportunities with Bugs Bunny. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. and is limited to the first 100 people.
- Fireball…The Ultimate Coaster Loop: Guests will experience a pure adrenaline rush as they go forward, backward and upside down on Fireball…The Ultimate Coaster Loop. This thrill ride features a single loop that riders will soar back and forth in, pendulum style, as they build up speed to propel them head over heels. Traveling back to back in unique “face-off” seating, guests will rocket through a series of 360° revolutions stopping upside down for some insane, inverted hang time before reversing directions. The 7-story tall Fireball will be located in the Illinois section of the park and is set to open May 7.
- The New Revolution Virtual Reality Coaster on Ninja: In partnership with Samsung, Six Flags is changing the way people ride roller coasters. The thrill innovators are taking it to the next level and beyond with a fully immersive, virtual riding experience. Riders of Ninja will find themselves in the copilot seat of a fighter jet as they take on aliens in a battle to save the world. The steel, looping coaster will be equipped to allow riders wearing Samsung Gear VR headsets to feel the heart-pumping adrenaline of steep drops, disorienting loops and powerful twists and turns as gyros, accelerometers and proximity sensors synchronize all of the action in an incredibly realistic 360-degree virtual reality world. The New Revolution Virtual Reality Coaster on Ninja will launch late May.
Six Flags St. Louis is open for weekend operation only March 25 – May 18. The theme park will be open daily beginning May 14 and Hurricane Harbor will open for the season on May 28. Guests can experience all the thrills the park has to offer with a 2016 Season Pass. Guests who purchase and process four or more Season Passes by May 1 will receive one free season parking pass. A Season Pass offers the best value with unlimited visits to the theme park and water park, special eCoupon offers and admission to all Six Flags theme parks. For an even great value, Season Pass holders may also purchase a Gold Season Dining Pass, which includes lunch, dinner and a snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2016 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Gold Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.3 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 55 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.