May 27, 2016
The New Revolution Virtual Reality Coaster Opens At Six Flags St. Louis
Ground-Breaking Technology Offers Fully Immersive, 360° Experience
Six Flags St. Louis, The Coaster Capital of Missouri, in partnership with Samsung Electronics America, is set to open its first virtual reality coaster on May 29. The New Revolution Virtual Reality (VR) Coaster on Ninja features state-of-the-art technology that will forever change the way people ride roller coasters.
“Six Flags is known for the innovative thrills we bring to our guests, “said Peter Carmichael, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “And now we are taking it to the next level by merging reality with the virtual world to deliver an unparalleled coaster experience. This really does change everything.”
Virtual Reality on Ninja Facts:
- Riders wearing Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus headsets, find themselves in the copilot seat of a fighter jet as they take on aliens in a battle to save the world
- This 360°, fully immersive, virtual battle takes guests flying through 2,430 feet of track at up to 65 mph
- The fighter jet darts between buildings, completing intense aerial acrobatics while guests travel through the 360°loop and corkscrew of the coasters steel track
- Sensors and proxies along the coaster track sync the movement of the coaster to the video riders are watching on their Samsung Gear VR headsets
- The experience begins as soon as riders leave the station house and start up the lift hill. While climbing the lift hill or going through the launch pad, guests can shoot at targets with a touch pad on the side of the headsets, making this the first game play ever used on a roller coaster
The New Revolution VR Coaster on Ninja, Fireball…The Ultimate Coaster Loop and Holiday in the Park coming in November highlight the park’s longest season since opening in 1971. Guests can experience all the thrills the theme park and Hurricane Harbor waterpark have to offer with a 2016 Season Pass, the best value with unlimited visits to both parks, special eCoupon offers and admission to all Six Flags theme parks. For an even greater value, Season Pass holders may purchase a Gold Season Dining Pass, which includes lunch, dinner and a snack during every park visit, plus a 2016 Souvenir Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Gold Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.3 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 55 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions.